Hicks, Porter, Ebenfeld & Stein,
P.A. is a Martindale-Hubbell "AV"
rated firm providing services in appellate practice,
trial practice, and all aspects of insurance coverage
and bad faith. The firm's senior attorney, Mark
Hicks, has been selected to appear in the Best
Lawyers in America and the Bar
Register of Preeminent Lawyers, serves
on the Advisory Board of Leading
American Attorneys, and is consistently
recognized in local publications as one of South
Florida's leading attorneys. Roger Blackburn has
been selected to appear in Leading
American Attorneys as well.
The firm was founded
in 1978 as Daniels and Hicks, P.A., and most recently
became known as Hicks, Porter, Ebenfeld & Stein, P.A. The litigation
attorneys at HPE&S P.A. represent
the interests of insurance companies, their insureds,
major corporations, investment companies, banks,
power companies, and cruise lines. The firm's
appellate attorneys also serve as trial support
and appellate counsel on behalf of plaintiffs
and defendants, and have provided critical litigation
and appellate support in a number of high-profile,
multi-million dollar cases.
The firm is
associated in cases by many of Miami's preeminent
lawyers, both in national and local firms, to
structure all legal aspects of a case, preserve
all error, present legal arguments on major issues,
prepare jury instructions, handle post-trial motions,
and prosecute or defend appeals in all Florida
and federal appellate courts. They also advise
attorneys in the most effective preparation of
commitment to efficiency and quality is exemplified
by the longstanding representation of our clients.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss our firm
in detail should further information be necessary.
- Access Insurance Company
- American Alternative Insurance Co.
- American International Group, Inc. ("AIG")
- American Petroleum Institute
- American Re-Insurance Company
- American United Insurance Co.
- Anesthesiologists' Professional Assurance Corp.
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co.
- Brown & Williamson Tobacco Co.
- Burlington Insurance Group
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Carolina Casualty Insurance Co.
- Celebrity Cruises, Inc.
- Century American Insurance Group
- Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
- Chubb/Executive Risk
- Church Mutual Insurance Co.
- Claims America
- Clarendon National Insurance Company
- Colony Specialty Insurance Company
- Crawford & Company
- Cunningham Lindsey U.S., Inc.
- E. I. duPont De Nemours & Co.
- Erie Insurance Group
- Everest Insurance Co.
- Farmers Insurance Group of Companies/ Truck Insurance Exchange
- Federated Insurance Co.
- First Professionals Insurance Company
- Florida Infusion Services, Inc.
- Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Co.
- Florida Power & Light Co.
- Frontier Insurance Co.
- Guilford Specialty Group
- Gulf Insurance Group
- Gulf Atlantic Legal Defense Insurance, Inc.
- Heritage Mutual Insurance Co.
- Home Insurance Co.
- Humana, Inc.
- Industrial Fire Insurance Co.
- Infinity Insurance Companies f/k/a WindsorAuto
- International Telephone & Telegraph Co.
- ITT-Community Development Corp.
- Lexington Insurance Company
- Liberty Mutual
- MAG Mutual
- Medical Assurance
- Mobil Oil Corporation
- Motorola, Inc.
- Nova Southeastern University
- Penn National Insurance
- Philadelphia Insurance Company
- Philip Morris USA, Inc.
- PIC Wisconsin
- Pioneer Life Insurance Co.
- PMA Insurance Group
- ProAssurance Corp. f/k/a ProNational Insurance Co.
- Progressive Expressive Insurance Co.
- PURE Group of Insurance Company
- RLI Corp./RLI Insurance Co.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- St. Paul Travelers f/k/a The Travelers
- Sunderland Marine Mutual Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Target Capital Partners
- Texas Lawyers' Insurance Exchange
- The Insurance Corporation of New York
- The Century Surety Company
- The Doctors Company
- The Hartford
- Trivest, Inc.
- Unigard Insurance Group
- United National Insurance Group
- Western Litigation Specialists, Inc.
- Western World Insurance Co.